Fermented Dill Pickles
1 lb of pickles (2 – 5″)
1 Litre of cold water
1.5 tbs of kosher salt
2 large cloves of garlic
1 small dill – 1 small dill flowers + 2 x 2” stems (stems without flowers are as good)
1 horseradish root (0.5″) or small leaf
2 leaves of sour cherries or grape (optional)
- Clean 1L jar, the pickles, dill, leaves and horseradish.
- Place the pickles and all other ingredients in the jar
- Mix and dissolve salt in the cold water
- Pour salty water into the jar with pickles
- Place the lid and close the jar
- Leave the jar in the room temperature for 3-4 days. They are ready to eat.
- Keep them refrigerated afterwards.